Due to unprecedented growth, it is estimated that more than 200,000 jobs in the data sector will be created by 2020 in the U.S. alone.
Here at OpenClassrooms, we focus on roles high in demand, reverse-engineering our curriculum based on the skills needed to perform on the job.
We've built this one-year, bachelor’s-level diploma program in data analysis to enable our students to develop their careers in the growing data sector. This program is taught entirely online with one-on-one, weekly sessions with a dedicated mentor.
What will I do as a Data Analyst?
A Data Analyst's job is to analyze data and transform it into highly valuable metrics for a company. They are responsible for both data collection and data processing as well as guaranteeing data integrity.
A Data Analyst reports the results to various departments of the company. Therefore, a Data Analyst will need to develop communication and reporting skills to support decision-making processes.
The responsibilities of a data analyst are diverse. They include:
- Gathering data: standardizing it while maintaining its integrity.
- Interpreting data: identifying trends and helping others make sense of it.
- Presenting data: creating dashboards, visualizations, and written reports.
- Analyzing data: support decision-making to improve the company’s strategy.
How much will I earn?
Here is what you can expect to earn in your career as a Data Analyst:
US Income Estimates:
- Beginner: $60,000 to $70,000 per year
- Senior: $70,000 to $100,000 per year
UK Income Estimates:
- Beginner: £22,000 to £30,000 per year
- Senior: £30,000 to £48,000 per year
Roles in data analysis are in high demand for full-time employment. Freelance Data Analysts have charged up to $500 or £400 per day of work.
What are my job prospects?
Companies around the world are looking for Data Analysts both in start-ups and in large enterprises.
This program will prepare you for the following careers:
- Data Analyst (6,000+ jobs on Indeed.com)
- Marketing Analyst (10,000+ jobs on Indeed.com)
- Business Intelligence Analyst (5,000+ jobs on Indeed.com)
Who is eligible to enroll?
- Required level: High school diploma, GCSE or equivalent
- A good level of English (for non-native speakers, a CEFR level of B2, an IELTS band score of 6.5, or a TOEFL score of 80 is recommended)
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac), equipped with a microphone, a webcam and a good internet connection.
- Fundamentals of probability, statistics, and linear algebra (i.e. matrices multiplication).
What will I learn?
- Perform database searches using SQL queries to retrieve relevant data.
- Transform data into valuable information.
- Create informative data visualizations.
- Create dashboards and reports to facilitate the decision making process.
- Apply key mathematical concepts for data analysis.
How will I learn at OpenClassrooms?
Our learning method is unique and revolves around two elements: professional projects and dedicated mentoring sessions.
At OpenClassrooms, learning is project-driven because that’s the fastest way to become proficient. Projects offer hands-on experience so you can hit the ground running when you start your new job.
OpenClassrooms' Data-Analyst path has 9 projects that you’ll need to complete one at a time with the support of your mentor. You’ll receive a detailed brief with the context, deliverables and additional details. Then it’s up to you to go and make it real! To do this you’ll have to be creative, coming up with innovative solutions to the questions at hand.
Want to see an example of a project? Read our blog post here.
During your path, you will be allocated a mentor who will offer one-to-one support via weekly video conference sessions. This mentor will offer guidance on your projects, help define objectives and guide you until you reach them. Our mentors are dedicated professionals who are experts in their field and have experience in sharing their know-how with our students.
OpenClassrooms is an official private distance learning establishment registered with the Board of Education in Paris, France that grants its own diplomas as well as those of prestigious academic partners.
Upon completion of your studies and validation of your skills by an academic jury, you will earn a "Data Analyst"
This diploma is at level 6 on the EQF (European Qualifications Framework).
This path will be the subject of a registration application with the National Directory of Professional Certifications (RNCP), via the National Commission of Professional Certifications (CNCP), in order for the level of the diploma to be recognized by the State. This process takes 8 to 18 months. If the outcome is successful, the first students will be able to retroactively claim recognition by the RNCP in accordance with article L335-6 of the Code of Education. If the outcome is negative, the level of the diploma will not be recognized by the State.
If you have questions about its equivalence in order to undertake further study, contact your university or master's program.
Your Job Guarantee
At OpenClassrooms we are committed to helping you find your ideal job. We promise.
By following the learning path "Data Analyst", you’ll learn an exciting new profession with great career prospects.
What’s more, you’ll find a job within six months of graduating or we’ll give you your money back!