One million computer programming jobs are estimated to be created in the U.S. by 2020 - as well as 700,000 in Europe - thanks to unprecedented growth in the tech sector.
Here at OpenClassrooms, we pinpoint the key skills needed for the most in-demand jobs and develop courses and diplomas to train our students in those areas. That’s why we've developed a one-year bachelor’s-level diploma in development, which you can complete entirely online with the help of a dedicated mentor.
In this path, you'll study iOS development. iOS developers build mobile applications on Apple's widely-used mobile system. This can include applications on iPhones and iPads.
An iOS developer:
- Builds mobile applications on the iOS operating system
- Writes clean, well-structured code
- Writes unit and integration tests for their code
- Takes project briefs from clients and builds apps based on those needs
- Builds great looking apps, from games to productivity hacks
- And more!
How much will I earn?
iOS development roles offer appealing compensation. By following this path, you may end up in a job in one of the following salary categories:
- Beginner: $60,000 - $80,000
- More experienced: $80,000 - $120,000+
- Freelance: $80-250 per hour
- Beginner: £35,000 - £45,000
- More experienced: £45,000 - £60,000
- Freelance: £400 per day
What are my job prospects?
iOS developers are actively recruited by every kind of company, from startups to big companies. Apple products are widely used in almost every industry, and no company that ventures into web or mobile services would be able to do so fully without building iOS applications.
Who is eligible to enroll?
This path is accessible to all. Here are some recommendations:
- A high school diploma / GCSE level
- A good level of English (for non-native speakers, a CEFR level of B2, an IELTS band score of 6.5, or a TOEFL score of 80 is recommended)
- Access to a Mac computer (laptop or desktop) supporting iOS 11 and the latest software (macOS Mojave and Xcode 10)
- Headphones, a webcam, and a good internet connection
To earn the diploma, you will need to complete all projects and have them evaluated by your mentors. Your work will then be validated by a jury composed of professionals. Follow the courses offered in the path to prepare yourself for the projects.
What will I learn?
In this path, you will learn how to:
- Create iPhone/iPad applications using Swift and Xcode
- Make your mobile applications look great
- Architect and implement the UI, animations, and interactions according to a design specification
- Utilize local data storage
- Ensure compliance with Apple submission requirements
- Integrate applications with remote resources
- Perform integration and testing of the apps with existing systems
- Produce functional and technical documentation for each project
- Apply best programming practices to ensure high-performance products
- Analyze a new project and choose a technical solution
- Design technical architecture using UML diagrams
How will I learn at OpenClassrooms?
Our learning method is unique and revolves around two elements: professional projects and dedicated mentoring sessions.
At OpenClassrooms, learning is project-driven because that’s the fastest way to become proficient. Projects offer hands-on experience so you can hit the ground running when you start your new job.
Want to see an example of a project? Read our blog post here.
During your path, you will be assigned a mentor who will offer one-to-one support via weekly video conference sessions. This mentor will offer guidance on your projects, help define objectives and guide you until you reach them. Our mentors are dedicated professionals who are experts in their field and have experience in sharing their know-how with our students.
OpenClassrooms is an official private distance learning establishment registered with the Board of Education in Paris, France that grants its own diplomas as well as those of prestigious academic partners.
Upon completion of your studies and validation of your skills by an academic jury, you will earn a "Web developer (Développeur(euse) d’application)"
bachelor's-level diploma, registered with the National Directory of Professional
This diploma is at level 6 on the EQF (European Qualifications Framework).
If you have questions about its equivalence in order to undertake further study, contact your university or master's program.
Your Job Guarantee
At OpenClassrooms we are committed to helping you find your ideal job. We promise.
By following the learning path "iOS Developer", you’ll learn an exciting new profession with great career prospects.
What’s more, you’ll find a job within six months of graduating or we’ll give you your money back!