Partage
  • Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter

can i run my app without internet permission ?

Anonyme
    3 mai 2016 à 15:12:41

im new in android,i tried to try some application that need internet permission i wanna understand why and is there a way to run your app without it?
    • Partager sur Facebook
    • Partager sur Twitter
      3 mai 2016 à 16:01:13

Hello,

If in your application you have get data from Internet, you need to add INTERNET PERMISSION, else you can't fetch the data and an error occurs.

If your application is just to take "Notes" (by example), you don't need INTERNET PERMISSION because your data are in your mobile and you have no need to get data from anywhere. 

A lot of apps (games or not) add INTERNET PERMISSION just for display some advertising to their user.

• Partager sur Facebook
      • Partager sur Twitter
      [Android] Punch | [Android] Jessie Ryan Music | [Android] Fanfic-FR | Github | @Joadar_ |
      Anonyme
        3 mai 2016 à 16:25:14

joadar i tried a login/registration app using my localhost database,why it needs internet permission so?cause i tried to remove it but the app didn't work
        • Partager sur Facebook
        • Partager sur Twitter
          3 mai 2016 à 16:51:57

Your localhost database is from your device (you have your data directly on your device, saved with an ORM) or an external device (computer, server, ...)?

If you want to access your data from an external server, such as the localhost from your computer on the same network than your device, you have to put the right IP adress and not "localhost". I don't know if you need to have the INTERNET PERMISSION to access at your datas from an external device but on the same network, never tried this, but this should be your problem. I think you need INTERNET PERMISSION to get datas from an external device.

If your datas are on your device/app (where your application is launched), no need to have INTERNET PERMISSION because your data are already in your app.

So, when you try a login/registration action, you hit which database? An internal (on your device) or an external (computer, server, ...)?

• Partager sur Facebook
          • Partager sur Twitter
          [Android] Punch | [Android] Jessie Ryan Music | [Android] Fanfic-FR | Github | @Joadar_ |
          Anonyme
            3 mai 2016 à 17:08:08

oh got you,it's an external databaseso cause it's in my computer (wamp server),and what i wanna do is to acces at my datas from an external device (server,computer) but on the same network
            • Partager sur Facebook
            • Partager sur Twitter
              3 mai 2016 à 17:26:16

Ok :)

So I think you have to enable INTERNET PERMISSION for that. I don't know why exactly you have to do that (maybe there is some dependancies in the API/libraries, ...), maybe someone else can help you but on that, I can't do anything more, sorry :/

To contact your database on your computer, be sure to be on the same network between your computer and your device (I guess phone or tablet). Next you have to get the IP address of your computer (ifconfig or ipconfig command line, choose about your OS). And on your Java code, you put this on your base url. The final address should look like : http://your_ip_address:{port}/your/path/to/your/webservice (port can be optional).

I hope this is what you need. 

Tell me :)

• Partager sur Facebook
              • Partager sur Twitter
              Anonyme
                3 mai 2016 à 17:39:29

thanks mate you helped me,i know what you are talking about but check what i read why i need internet permission "If your application needs network sockets, then your application needs permission to use them. he permissions are there to protect the user, so it is about being upfront and clear of what your applications intentions are." so i guess there is no way to connect to my server without internet permission
                • Partager sur Facebook
                • Partager sur Twitter
                  3 mai 2016 à 21:46:25

Oh, good to know, I didn't know that. Indeed, you can't connect to a local server without INTERNET PERMISSION :/

Thanks for the sharing :)

• Partager sur Facebook
                  • Partager sur Twitter
                    8 juillet 2022 à 12:40:02

So I suppose you need to permit INTERNET PERMISSION for that. I don`t understand why precisely you need to do that (perhaps there's a few dependancies withinside the API/libraries, ...), perhaps a person else permit you to however on that, I can not do some thing more, sorry :/
                    To touch your database in your pc, make certain to be at the identical community among your pc and your device (I bet telecellsmartphone or tablet). Next you need to get the IP cope with of your pc (ifconfig or ipconfig command line, pick approximately your OS). And in your Java code, you positioned this in your base url.
                    • Partager sur Facebook
                    • Partager sur Twitter

can i run my app without internet permission ?

× Après avoir cliqué sur "Répondre" vous serez invité à vous connecter pour que votre message soit publié.
                    × Attention, ce sujet est très ancien. Le déterrer n'est pas forcément approprié. Nous te conseillons de créer un nouveau sujet pour poser ta question.
                    • Editeur
                    • Markdown