Partage
  • Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter

What's this? What's this? Some rules!

20 octobre 2014 à 15:42:47

Hello everyone!

Since we launched our first few courses in English, we thought it was about time to create a forum where English speaking users could ask their questions.

WARNING: this is a forum for English speakers only! Be aware that any post in another language as English will be moved to the relevant French section or deleted.

Here are some obvious rules to make this forum a nice place.

A constructive, respectful and welcoming approach is required from all members at all times in both forum posts and private conversations.

+ Be nice. Stay polite
+ Do some research before asking
+ Stay on topic

- Don't spam
- Don't post inappropriate content
- Don't bump threads
- Don't use this forum for advertisement

Thank you all and happy learning!

Anouck, Community Manager for OpenClassrooms

-
Edité par Anouck 20 octobre 2014 à 15:49:53

• Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter
Ancienne CM d'OpenClassrooms - Plus d'infos ici ! 
Anonyme
20 octobre 2014 à 17:28:45

That's like in the other sections with rules we've to respect ! It's an English section, I hope that the openclassroom members won't be surprised by this section and will go there to post !

-
Edité par Anouck 20 octobre 2014 à 18:21:11

• Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter
21 octobre 2014 à 15:18:26

Hello!

At first sight I thought that this "let's talk" section was a second "general". It's a great thing to have a part of the forum in english, but I wonder... Is the name appropriate? I guess it will eventually become an entire English forum, just like the existing French one, I'm just concerned about the ease of access for newcomers who'll need to scroll down quite far to find this section in the middle of a bunch of French ones...

What about a separate group of sections for international visitors (there's already "site web", "programmation", ...) or use a flag icon instead of the dialogue one?

• Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter
21 octobre 2014 à 15:36:46

Hey Xiarea,

Thank you very much for the insight. I'm thinking about it and it's still very much a WIP. I understand your concerns about the ease of access and I must agree, it's not the best we can do.

However that section is quite temporary. As soon as we've had enough time to develop it, the user interface for the non French-speaking forum will probably be separated from the French Forum.

I agree with you on the flag icon. However we can't use a flag because as you know, they're a lot of English speaking countries in the world.
But you're definitely right, I'm going to add a EN in the icone.

Have a great day !

Anouck from OC

-
Edité par Anouck 21 octobre 2014 à 15:43:01

• Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter
21 octobre 2014 à 18:12:51

Hello again,

I have added a sentence in our courses in English that points towards this forum. It will help our fellow English-speaking users find this forum.
Cheers !

-
Edité par Anouck 21 octobre 2014 à 18:17:24

• Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter
Anonyme
24 octobre 2014 à 11:31:14

Wish you the best for this forum :D

Cheers from France ;)

• Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter
13 février 2015 à 22:58:52

Is there a shortcut in the home page to emphasize the presence of these courses in English? I didn't find any.

• Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter
13 juillet 2020 à 6:43:41

Thanks for sharing the information it was very helpful for me happy wheels
  • Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter
18 décembre 2020 à 16:39:09

Hello, I would like to introduce myself I am Lianne-Blue and I will be doing the Product Management course in English and Working in a French company. I will be mainly speaking in English but working with others who speak mainly in French, does anyone have any tips?
  • Partager sur Facebook
  • Partager sur Twitter
7 avril 2021 à 17:43:21 - Message modéré pour le motif suivant : Toute forme de publicité est interdite