What Is the Role of a Digital Marketer?
In this role, you will be responsible for leveraging digital channels (email, social media, websites, online ads, etc.) to design, build, and implement marketing campaigns, generate leads, and drive customer sales.
You will also harness analytics to identify weaknesses and find ways to improve your marketing efforts across all digital channels.
You will work with teams from all parts of the company: management, data analysts, graphic designers, copywriters, sales reps, and others! These stakeholders will count on you to choose the digital marketing tools that best meet their growth needs.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this path, you'll be able to:
- Determine the most effective social media channels for a brand.
- Create a paid online advertising campaign.
- Report on the effectiveness of a campaign and goal conversions.
- Develop an editorial calendar.
- Create an emailing strategy.
- Write copy in the brand's tone of voice.
And you’ll have opportunities to acquire many other key skills you’ll need to succeed as a digital marketer!
What Are My Job Prospects?
Many job titles match the skills you will develop in this path, including:
- Digital marketing assistant
- Digital marketing executive
- Digital marketing analyst
- Digital marketing specialist
- Growth hacker
- Growth specialist
- Social media manager
- Campaign executive
- Search marketing strategist
Digital marketers earn the following salaries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
Your salary will vary depending on location.
Digital marketers are actively sought after to work in media agencies or directly within a marketing team in almost all industries.
Am I Eligible to Enroll?
This path is open to everyone. However, to get off on the right foot and complete the path in the estimated six months, you need the following:
- A high school diploma/GCSE level.
You will need to provide a certificate not older than 2 years to demonstrate a minimum level of English B2.
- English Diploma from a secondary institution (private or public) or an accredited higher learning institution
- Linguaskill minimum score: 160
- BULATS minimum score: 60
- TOEIC minimum score: 785
- IELTS minimum score: 6.5
- TOEFL iBT minimum score: 88
- Cambridge FCE / CAE / BEC HIGHER / BEC VANTAGE minimum score or grade: B or 160
- Certificate from a language center demonstrating a minimum level of B2 (including the number of training hours completed and the company signature or stamp)
Don’t have one of these certificates? Find out where to take an exam.
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac), headphones, a webcam, and a stable internet connection.
To earn the diploma, you’ll need to complete all projects and have them reviewed by your mentors. A jury made up of professionals will then check your work.
Your Job Guarantee
At OpenClassrooms we are committed to helping you find your ideal job. We promise.
By following the learning path "Digital Marketer", you’ll learn an exciting new profession with great career prospects.
What’s more, you’ll find a job within six months of graduating or we’ll give you your money back!
1. Talk it over with a mentor. They'll help you define and clarify your professional goals.
2. Contact us to let us know your decision: